- You Save
Coupon expires on
Valid only at the fountain drive location. No cash back. Not valid with any other offers.
Trolly Stop History
In 1976, B.C. Hedgepath opened the very first Trolly Stop. The original store is called Station 1, as it was located on the first stop of the trolley line in Wrightsville Beach—and is still located there today. Until 1935, the only way to get in and around Wrightsville Beach was by walking, or taking the Trolley Line.
After a year, Mr. Hedgepath sold the store to Ron and Winnie Krueger. Ron and Winnie served hot dogs to the coastal community for the next 19 years, building the brand with tasty hot dogs, fresh ingredients, and “mom and pop” charm.
Keeping the tradition alive, Ron and Winnie sold the Trolly Stop to Rick and JoDeane Coombs in 1996. Rick and JoDeane opened Trolly Stops in Carolina Beach in 1998, Front Street in Historic Downtown Wilmington in 1999 and Southport in 2000. After the passing of his wife JoDeane, Rick remained the owner of the Trolly Stop stores until the incorporation and subsequent franchising of the business. Rick remains the owner of the franchisor Stock Dogs Inc., and of location operator/manager Trolly Stop Hotdogs, Inc.
Most Trolly Stop stores are now franchisee-owned and operated. To date, there are 4 Trolly Stop locations: Wrightsville Beach, Fountain Drive – Wilmington, Southport, and Chapel Hill.